18 May 2012

CD31, Cycle 5 - 13DPO

Well then. Woke up this morning to over a .3-degree temp drop, which is just fantastic. :P Between that and having my signature sign -- a bump on my cervix -- I'm pretty much resigned to AF's impending arrival.

I have some really mild cramps today, too. More a dull ache than anything, really, though I expect that to pick up.

The strangest thing -- and this may be TMI, so feel free to avert your eyes ;) -- is the spotting. I have discovered that, when doing my cervical check on the day of or before AF, I have a bit of bright red spotting before the full flow. Never enough to count as bleeding, and not even enough to be on a pantiliner. But it's there.

Since I'm expecting AF today, I put on a pad and am waiting for a full flow or at least that bright red spotting. So far, I don't have any, but I do have this brown-tinted CM that is just... weird. It's lightly tinged, almost like the stuff I have at the very end of my period. It almost gives me hope that it's implantation bleeding... but I can't be sure.

I swear, I'm going to post this and AF is gonna come full force. ;) Isn't that usually how it happens.

Anyway, like everyone keeps saying, it ain't over 'til it's over (or, my favorite, it ain't over 'til the old bitch sings, LOL). And at the moment, at least, it ain't over. If it still ain't over tomorrow morning... well, I'mma take a test and see how it goes. Tomorrow is when FF predicts AF is actually expected.

So that's where I am today. I'm a bit disappointed about the temp drop, but I got to talk to my mom about this yesterday, and I feel better about it. I'm really glad I talked to her. :) It's tough, emotional, and draining, but after this, I'm determined to take each day at a time and, at least after O is confirmed, maybe even put the thermometer away for a cycle. One less thing to obsess over.

Okay, I have a TON of work to do, and it's not even 11am yet. Time to hit the ground runnin'. :)

6 comments:

  1. Hey, look on the bright side; if you didn't have any luck this month, you get to have fun trying again next month. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, sorry about the temp drop :( I know it's discouraging and it feels like forever already but my hubby and I didn't luck out until cycle #7. I hope you luck out before then *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's okay. I'm still holding a teensy bit of hope that maybe it's implantation and my temps will go up tomorrow. Grasping at straws, but better than nothing! Helps that I'm still not bleeding yet, sooo...

    Yeah, cycle 7 sounds about right. A friend of mine told me last night that she was thinking July for conception... she could just feel it. That'd make it lucky 7 for us, too. (Though I prefer my lucky 5. ;))

    :hugs!: Thank you, hon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *