18 October 2012

Pregnancy: 13w

Since I'm now in my second trimester(!!) and feeling a bit more confident about everything, I'm leaving these weekly updates outside a cut. :D

What I love: Being in my second trimester! According to some, at least. ;)

What I hate: Still having nausea at 13w, lol. And my body changes, which are perturbing, but I'm getting over them. Kinda. LOL

What I miss: Vegetables! And food that's good for me!

What I’m looking forward to the most: My 13-week ultrasound and MW appointment! ULTRASOUND IS TOMORROW OMG!

Worries: That it won’t stick. That’s a big worry right now. [Same]

Symptoms: Constipation, nausea, some acid reflux at night, growing pains (hee!), a bigger belly!

Mood: Up and down. I find I'm less tolerant of bullshit lately and have dropped my filter a bit. But I'm not experiencing any extreme moods one way or the other.

Sleep: Pretty good, actually!

Movement: Um, none. Way too early for that. LOL [Same]

The belly (and the button!): Belly button still in! Totally weird, though, it’s definitely more shallow! And the belly is bigger! OMG, is it bigger. [Same]

Wedding rings on or off: Off! But not because of what you’d think. It’s cooler out, so my engagement ring spin. I end up taking it off during the day, lol. [Same]

Weight gain: I changed this one because, let's face it, I'll never get around to measuring. :P ASs for weight, I'm up about 2lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.

Milestones: SECOND TRIMESTER WHUT!! :)

Best moment of the week: Getting a lot of stuff done here at work. I feel very accomplished right now. :)

How your baby's growing:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

How your life's changing:

This is the last week of your first trimester, and your risk of miscarriage is now much lower than earlier in pregnancy. Next week marks the beginning of your second trimester, a time of relative comfort for many women who see early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness and fatigue subside. More good news: Many couples also notice a distinct libido lift around this time. Birth is still months away, but your breasts may have already started making colostrum, the nutrient-rich fluid that feeds your baby for the first few days after birth, before your milk starts to flow

This Week's Activity:

Share your view of parenting with your partner. To get the conversation going, try this creative writing exercise: Each of you makes two lists, one titled "My mother always..." and one titled "My mother never..." Then do the same for "My father always/My father never." When you're done, talk about what you wrote down and decide together which behaviors you value and which you'd like to change as you raise your child.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting the second trimester mark! That's awesome. :-) Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes tomorrow! We have an ultrasound appointment tomorrow, as well, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, exciting!! What's this ultrasound going to be for? Ours is for NT and maybe (if Kit cooperates) dangle angle? Mostly for fun, lol.

    Exciting!! We're moving right along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay 2nd Trimester!! I didn't believe people at first, but it really is the best of the three. Relish being able to bend over while you can ;)

    For the record, I'm 34 weeks (today) and my belly button still hasn't popped. It's very odd, I keep expecting it to happen any day now, but it doesn't seem like it's meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHA! I am, and I'll continue to! ;) When the nausea finally lets up, I'll know that it's the best trimester of all. So far it's better than the first, so I'm happy for that!

    No kidding!! Maybe it's NOT meant to be. I'm one of those weirdos, though, who thinks a popped belly button would just feel weird, I'd imagine. That little nub rubbing on clothes?! Nooooo thank you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back and forth about the belly button popping, I kind of want it to happen, but then I get weirded out by the idea of it. It looks weird enough as it is right now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Yeah, it IS weird! But cute, too. I have mixed feeling about it as well. ;)

    I haven't seen a belly pic! May I? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeee! 1/3 of the way there!

    My belly button never popped! It got slightly shallower, but my innie stayed an innie the whole way though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whee! It's so cool!! :D

    And no WAY, really?! I wonder if there's some sort of predisposition or something! I'm still torn as to whether or not I want it to, but I'm curious to see how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard somewhere that it depends on whether or not you can pull your innie out or not beforehand (I actually knew someone who could make her innie an outie as a child - it was the weirdest thing ever & then everyone started asking me if I could too, because mine has a little nub like hers & that's what she used as a handle. Answer? Nope. Mine was stuck down). I have no idea if this is true or not, but it makes sense! I mean, really, how many people do you know who've actually *tried* to pull their own belly button out? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know about that. I can't pull mine out and mine popped about 22 weeks in my first pregnancy and by like week 10 in my second. It's probably just genetics.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *