09 July 2012

Friends, Families, and Fantastic News!!



It was the wee hours of the morning when I received the text. I didn't process a lot of what was going on, just that it was storming out and that the blinding light from my iPhone rivaled the intermittent lightning outside. I rubbed my eyes, bleary from sleep, and rolled away from the light to wrap my arm around Matt.

I don't remember much from that night, but when I finally saw the picture text at 7am which featured a gorgeous newborn, my eyes, once drooped from exhaustion, suddenly flew wide open:
Nathan H., born at 10:32pm 9lbs even, 21in long

OMG! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

And Seahorse, whose arrival has been anticipated since the day my amazing friend Dana texted a picture of her positive pregnancy test, came Earthside!!

I've known Dana for a number of years now, and while we have yet to meet in person (seriously, this needs to be remedied, STAT), I feel like I've known her my entire life. We've shared struggles, excitement, and pure, unadulterated joy together these years, and I am so fortunate to have her and her husband as my friends (and to know her daughter, too, because this girl is SERIOUSLY adorable and hilarious). To hear this kind of news firsthand and to share this, another milestone, with her and her family is like the icing on the friendship cake! A BABY!!! :D

A huge, happy, boisterous congratulations to mama Dana, daddy Nate,  and big sister Hannah, who bring Nathan into the world to continue their perfect family! I am so happy for you guys, shedding tears of joy (serious tears, NGL) whenever I imagine how happy you all must be. :) Much love and many blessings as you enjoy your time together!!

2 comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *