25 July 2012

CD6, Cycle 8: Lifting the Curse

So, C performed Shamanic healing on my yesterday, which was as enlightening as it was helpful. Here's what I gathered from it. (The most important one, the actual curse itself, I'm saving for last!)

I wasn't covered in nearly as many stones as my mom was. She had them all over the place, whereas I had only a few. The most poignant one was a big pink crystal he put on my head, right between my eyes. Maybe it was danubrite? I don't know, I'm not very good with stones. I really want to find out what it was, though, and get one to carry around with me. He had asked if I had a lot of things on my mind, and I asked if he was referring to in general or at that moment. I generally do, so I told him so (it's that pure-O OCD thing), and that's when he used it.

Then he started the healing. From the first journey C took, he learned that I have three spirits watching over me: An older male, an older female, and a female whose age range was not identified. I found this little bit off Wikipedia:
According to theosophical doctrine, spirit guides are not always of human descent. Some spirit guides live as energy, in the cosmic realm, or as light beings, which are very high level spirit guides. Some spirit guides are persons who have lived many former lifetimes, paid their karmic debts, and advanced beyond a need to reincarnate. Many devotees believe that spirit guides are chosen on "the other side" by human beings who are about to incarnate and wish assistance.
C mentioned that they're typically there to have the person living to finish their life's work, and some can be very insistent on this. Mine, on the other hand, are hanging back and just enjoying what's going on. There isn't really a lot of work to be done -- I'm wondering if the goal is to just lead a happy, fulfilling life. They all appeared pretty cheery!

I know they're not always of human descent, but I do wonder if the male is my paternal grandfather, who I never met. C spoke of him and the older woman as very happy, just coming along for the ride and wanting me to experience life and divinity.

He also looked into my totem or spirit animals, as I've never really known what they were. I've always been drawn to ravens and crows, but that's about it. Coming out of that trance, during which he had giggled a few times (;)), he said, "Okay, Disney girl!" I was like, "?!?!"

Apparently, I have several spirit animals! A bumblebee, crow, dolphins, a humpback whale that showed up for just a second, a hawk, and predominantly, a hummingbird. The crow might actually be from my mom, as that was her power animal (that, and a ram that was following her, haha). I've been doing research on each one since the healing yesterday.

And finally... what y'all have been waiting for. The curse. ;)

First, I have to mention that C brought up a name during my mom's healing, as this particular spirit was sitting next to me the whole time. Her name is Yemaya, a Yoruban Orisha or Goddess. She came into the fold yesterday, too, and has apparently been my guardian for some time. She wanted to be with C while he journeyed to the origination of the curse...

With Yemaya, C journeyed to the guy (I'm guessing he was a god or spirit, but I'mma keep calling him "guy") who placed the curse on everyone and their ancestors, and he kept saying that "they [me, my ancestors, and my descendants] have not suffered as we have suffered." C and Yemaya were trying to make the point that we have suffered, and that we've done so greatly. It also didn't entirely work as the bloodline was still having babies -- with difficulty, yeah, but having them nonetheless.

C noted that he brought Yemaya on my behalf, and they asked that the guy lift the curse for me and my descendants and ancestors. "I love this woman, and I want this curse gone."

The guy said (and I'm paraphrasing here, as I wasn't there!), "We do not honor Yemaya." And C was like, "Oh yeah? Then who do you honor?", thinking to himself, ah shit.

And the guy said he honored someone else, I forgot his name now, and he appeared. (C, by the way, has a rattle going and his eyes closed while journeying, and while he doesn't say anything out loud, his facial expression did change on occasion, and in a few instances, he laughed or giggled. This was one of those times.) The Orisha that this guy honors... was the same C works with!

So this Orisha, who is usually argumentative and wants to get down 'n' dirty, just kinda went, yeah, I'm staying out of this. And he remained neutral. Neutral! C was like, that's crazy and unlike him. He was expecting a fight.

After some prompting and the fact that, hey, the Orisha you honor is just kind of hanging back, the guy conceded and he lifted the curse. :)

Then C had to clear away the same constriction my mom had. While hers was more around her colon area, mine was around my ovaries and fallopian tubes, like they were being pinched off. So he took care of that and got my energy flowing again.

He also had me drink a bottle of water that he wanted to fill with my spirit, but Yemaya kind of went, "Nuh uh, I'll be most of it." So I drank of her. :) C also said that Yemaya was bugging him to make a watermelon shake, haha (her thing is watermelons!), so he made me (and himself and his partner) one after the healing. Most refreshing thing I'd had in a while!

I do have to go back because I have a couple spots that need work (auric shearing, for instance, that's common among performers) and he wants to do a soul retrieval. Plus, to follow up on this. So he wants to see me in a month. It's almost like a follow-up trip to the doctor. ;)

So yup, that was it. I really do hope this works. C says there should be improvement in the next month or two, so we'll see how it goes from there! In return, I'm helping him and his partner (quite exuberantly, I might add!) with their baby shower coming up this week. :) It is the absolute least I could do. <3

I'm also going to work on getting an altar together for Yemaya later today... I'm typically not pulled to do so as I don't typically recognize individual spirits or gods, but I feel a tug today. Hm...

ETA: Oh! As a recommendation, C also suggested I find something to tie around my waist for protection, something that I can wear to prevent a bit of auric shearing and as a dedication to Yemaya. So I've gotta get working on that, too!

5 comments:

  1. I hope that's it for you now and you're good to go! Hey, maybe - just maybe - that was why you sometimes didn't ovulate? The curse blockage? You never know... I mean, it's not beyond the realm of possibility, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Stephanie, I hope this works! And hell! I wish your friend could do a Shamanic healing on me too! Not for the same reasons, just general stuff that I feel blocked up with. But that\’s so amazing that you got to do that and I am hoping so much that you no longer have TTC problems!

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tori, hon! :D It's funny, I never had a problem ovulating, but it was just that that made me curious. Like, everything appears to be going okay, so whyyyy...?! It's definitely not beyond the realm of possibility, that there was actually a curse. I certainly don't want to say it doesn't exist. :)

    We'll see!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FELICIA!! Hey, sweetie! :D

    I hope it works, too! If you're ever around MD, I can definitely refer you! If not, I'm almost certain you can find someone near you. :) I'm rather liking the after-effects! I hope this means no TTC problems, too! <3

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *