19 July 2012

CD32, Cycle 7 - 13DPO


It's now (or tomorrow...?) or never. Or in nine or so months.

Or something.

... sorry, very existential there. This is to say, AF still hasn't arrived and I'm just waiting for her appearance at this point. I had one tiny spot each day from Tuesday to today, and my temp is below 98 (barely, but still).

I'm actually here more to tell you about three hilarious things at work recently. :) They REALLY amused me, so I hope they amuse you, too!

As a bit of background, I'm sure you can imagine we get a lot of suggestions for new charms from our customers. Some are like, hey, yeah, that's cool. Others are like, if we hear "butterfly" one more time...

So anyway, I can overhear the director of PR with a few people in her office, and one of the marketing people was talking about these two people.

The first... wanted to know if we could make a charm out of her husband's ashes. No lie.

The second... wanted to know if she could take all the dog hair she's been saving (she would collect it after every time she'd cut her dog's hair) and make THAT into a charm.
And my favorite. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this one. We have three receptionists. One was on lunch, the other was getting her lunch. The third took this call. Some guy called up with a complaint and wanted to talk to someone. Receptionist couldn't reach the department, so she asked what the nature of the complaint was, if it was with the store or the product.
C(ustomer): "Uh, with both, kinda."
R(eceptionist): "Okay, can you describe your problem?"
C: "Well, while I was at the store, I purchased a bracelet, but the people at the store didn't tell me that I shouldn't put it on my penis."
R: "..."
C: "And now it's stuck. On my penis."
R: "Sir... have you called a hospital yet?"
C: "No, I called to complain. Your people didn't tell me this shouldn't go on my penis."
R: "I... sir, bracelets are typically worn on the wrist, not on the penis."
C: "But the store didn't say I couldn't. And my testicles are starting to bulge."
R: "Sir, I'm ending this call. You should seriously call the hospital."
C: "But I wanted to complain! They didn't say I shouldn't put it on my penis!"
OMG SRSLY

I still think the last one was a prank call, but you never know. Stupidity is more rampant than we think. At the very least, these are keeping me in good spirits. I just can't believe people sometimes, I swear.

Anyway, if anyone has any baby dust they don't mind sending my way... could you, please? I'm trying to hold out some hope for tomorrow and the next 40 weeks...

14 comments:

  1. *baby dust baby dust baby dust*

    ReplyDelete
  2. On one hand, I hope it was a prank call, because I don't want someone to be that stupid. On the other hand, I don't want it to be a prank call, because I want someone to be that stupid. Ha!

    Sending tons of baby dust your way! Are you going to POS soon, or just wait for the arrival of AF?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA, right? It's almost too unbelievable, but I SO want it to be real. There are dumb enough people where I honestly wonder...

    Thanks, hon! I'm going to probably POAS tomorrow if my temps are still up. If they're any lower, I'll wait until Saturday -- either AF will come (I've never had an LP longer than 13 days) or... who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your temps are still up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FYI that testicle story was the best thing ever. And good on the receptionist for telling him to go to a hospital. Also this goes to show you men are idiots.

    "oh hey my testicles are about to be rendered utterly useless cause they're about to explode from my body, but I have a bracelet stuck on my penis. No one said it couldn't go there. Go to a hospital? Listen lady I want to complain that I should have been warned in advance."

    Also don't know how good it is coming from me but baby dust anyway doll :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol that bracelet story is too hilarious, and working in the medical field, sadly very believable.... people do some stupid things with everyday household objects. The radiologists I work for have told me many stories of images of objects in awkward places.

    I'm sending all the good baby mojo I can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I wanted to die when she told me that story. People can be ridiculous sometimes! But yes, she kept her composure... a lot better than I could have. ;)

    HAHAHAHAHA, that was seriously what it was like! I'm sure the receptionist wanted to SLAP him through the phone. Men, I swear to you.

    It means a LOT, hon. Thank you so, so much. :) And your way, too, of course!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. It IS sad that it's believable! If you ever see a guy stumble in with a bracelet around his dick... well, you'll know who he tried to call first. XD I want a story!! LOL

    Thank you, sweetie!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your blog regularly but haven't had a chance to send a reply to one of your posts, so I figured this one was the winner to put my signature on and let you know I've been hoping for your BFP from afar. That story... OMG... made me laugh out loud here in my office at work. Giiiirl, how the h*** does a man get his bracelet caught on his wiener?! FOR REAL? Stuck?? How?? He's gotta be pranking, but as Alicia pointed out there are some WEIRDOS in this world (many of whom are also brainless), so ya never know.

    Know Foxy I'm thinking of you and hoping for your BFP. I get discouraged for you when I see the cycles go by (I think I've been following you since May). I love your insight and the transparency with which you share your feelings about this crazy TTC journey. Know you've got a secret cheerleading squad behind you, so stay strong! Hope your DH's SA goes well if this isn't your month.

    -Angie (AMP52111--I'm currently in the 'Waiting to O' buddy group) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The worst thing about the bracelet incident is that I immediately thought of someone (who, sadly, I’m related to) who would do something like that! And humans are meant to be the most intelligent creatures on the planet. How scary is that?

    I’ll send you a sprinkling of baby dust, but can’t send you more than that since I don’t want to leave myself without any; just in case I need it soon... You never know! Yep, I’m still hopeful every month, after all this time!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *