10 June 2012

CD23, Cycle 6 - 5DPO: Strange things. Funny things!

I had a bizarre dream last night. I don't remember too much about the first bit, but I do recall breastfeeding a (or what I assumed was my) baby, and the baby tugging at my breast with its face. It was so realistic (um, what I believe feels realistic, at least) and paiiiinful. Like I was doing it within the first week or so and my nipples were just not used to it.

That started the day on a good foot, lol.

Then we went to the pool this afternoon and ran into our neighbors and their friends; our neighbors have two adorable little girls who apparently love us, haha, and their friends have an older boy and younger girl, who fell in love with us at the pool (even hugged us as we all got up to leave!). We were hanging out under an overhang during "adult swim", a concept that is still foreign to me as someone who grew up with a pool in the backyard but TOTALLY understandable because kicking the kids out left about five or so adults, and one of our neighbor's little girls, 6 years old, said...

"Is he your husband?"
"Yup!"
"And you're his fiance!"
"Haha, no, I'm his wife."
"Oh, you're married? [brief pause] Where are your kids?"

My eyebrows just about flew off my forehead, and DH started CRACKING up! He and the girl's parents, who were looking at me like, good luck explaining that! So I quickly said we don't have any kids yet, but soon! She seemed satisfied with that one. ;)

It's just been a crazy baby-filled day. Fortunately, I have much to keep my mind off this kind of stuff, between all the things I posted yesterday or the day before. And now I have to go to the D.C. Passport Agency tomorrow morning because this dumbass lost her three-week-old passport, somehow. Eurgh.

Hope y'all had a great weekend! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the things kids come up with!

    Reminds me of our nephew who at 4 years old, upon seeing some baby stuff we'd been given asked, "are you going to buy a baby"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what happened to the end of my comment there.

    It should have gone on to say that his sister (9 at the time) then proceeded to explain how it really worked. He didn't believe her and announced that, "of course you buy babies; you have baby stores, don't you"

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *