04 June 2012

Bad blogger! Bad!



[caption id="attachment_1347" align="aligncenter" width="550" caption="Yeah yeah, I get it. I've been a very bad blogger lately."][/caption]

I haven't been here in a month, which makes me sad for so many reasons. My head hangs in shame as I realize how much time has passed and how many awesome things have happened since the last time I've updated.

There have been things I've wanted to say, but I admit that I've been a bit lazy about writing them down. It wasn't until I got an email from a loyal friend and blog follower that she's been missing my updates that I realized just how much I need to get back to it.

So, um... here I am! I'm so happy to see y'all again. :)

My absence hasn't been for naught, though. Since spring kicked in full force and the weather has been beautiful more often than not, Matt and I have been spending a lot of time outdoors, mingling with our neighbors and making new friends in the area. Oh, and visiting my cousin and his family before their trip to China for the summer! There hasn't a week gone by when we didn't have at least two or three social gatherings, and I don't see that slowing down anytime soon!

While I've missed y'all dearly, I'm also happy to be able to spend time with friends and family around here. Matt and I are self-proclaimed homebodies, but we've been making a concerted effort lately to get out and do things, whether it's riding our bikes, going out to the pool, barbequing with our friends in our townhouse row, or generally painting all of Maryland red. It's been a rather nice change, and we've discovered that we have this proclivity to bring neighbors -- who have been such for 5 years or more without once really getting to know each other! -- together all in one place.

Like I said, it's not going to slow down. We actually have a family wedding coming up on Litha (21 June!), then Matt and I are taking a week-long trip for our 7-year dating anniversary to Canada! Niagra Falls, Canada side for a couple days, then Toronto for four or so. And a few surprises in between.

Anyway, so that explains my recent absence for the most part. A friend of mine on LJ posted a 30-day vlog meme that I'm considering doing to get back in the swing of things -- full meme below. Might start that this week. I've never done a vlog before, so this should be fun!

I also have some recipes to share, and I'm going to do a week-long Litha thing to kick summer into full gear, so keep an eye out for that as well!

Glad to be back! I hope y'all are having a great summer so far, and I'll catch you around the internetz. :)

The 30-Day Vlogging Meme!


1. Introduce yourself
2. Views on love and relationships
3. Views on a political topic
4. Views on religion
5. What do you like to do in your spare time?
6. What did you do today?
7. 3 things you like about yourself and 3 things you don’t like about yourself
8. A place you spend a lot of time
9. Talk about school or work
10. A childhood memory
11. Where have you been spending your time lately? Three/Five/Ten years ago would you have expected to be there?
12. Where do you see yourself in 1 year?
13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
14. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
15. Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
16. What do you believe in? And not just God or atheism.
17. If you could be anywhere in the world, but you had to be there for a certain cause, where would you be and why
18. Explain your life plan for the next month
19. then the next year
20. Are you more social or independent? Why do you think that is?
21. Talk about a moment where you were truly happy. What was happening? Who were you with?
22. If you could do anything you wanted for a living, what would you do? What do you do?
23. What’s your favorite book? Why? How much do you read?
24. What is something you’re proud of?
25. Your favorite holiday
26. What’s in your purse/wallet?
27. Describe your family, and what it was like growing up.
28. What would your perfect world look like?
29. What do you want to learn? Why aren’t you learning it?
30. Tour your house/bedroom

7 comments:

  1. YAY! I missed your posts, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back! I've missed having you around. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see... Been having too much fun to remember us! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Hope you have a great time in Canada. My parents both lived in Toronto for a while and I have some family there; it's a great city (Niagra Falls... well, the falls are nice... and there's some great shopping!). Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Waits impatiently for the promised posts*

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] yeah, I know, bad blogger and all that. It hasn’t been for bad reason, though. Between the Board of Directors for my [...]

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *