17 January 2014

Project Life: January

I'm doing Project Life on a monthly rather than a weekly basis, and with no limit on how many pages I fill each month (provided they're even, because I like starting my months on the left-hand page and, let's face it, I have OCD). It seems more manageable that way, and this is definitely something I don't want to lose interest in quickly!

Below are my first two page spreads. I need to start getting better at making side-by-sides coordinate a bit better, but I like to think it's a decent start.


The cork letters are, again, made by the talented Melissa of A Vegas Girl at Heart. I am seriously loving these letters and will probably use them for each month. The cards are from Digital Project Life's Clementine edition, save for the "Hello Winter" one, which I fudged to make my own (and of course, now I can't find the source).

And yes, it really was five degrees (Fahrenheit) here. Goddamn, that was cold.


More from PL's Clementine! The "Pandora" card is one I made, as are the snowflakes. The "Perfect Day" card is (was?) a freebie from Kerri Bradford.

I am LOVING digital Project Life. At this point, I'm a little sad that I didn't start Tycho's album off digitally, but c'est la vie, no biggie. I'll just finish his album (eventually) and continue digitally documenting the rest of the year.

Probably the nicest part is not having to print and clip each photo -- it's done pretty much automatically when grouping to the template. You'll come to notice that I strongly prefer Template A for everything, but I do have a few more on file in case I decide to get a little saucy with my layouts. Still, this is incredibly simple... and Matt's happy that I probably will never want to buy a photo printer.

I also love that freebies are pretty easy to come by, both for cards and embellishments. While they don't all coordinate, they're a great way for a newbie like me to get started and ultimately helps me explore new designers. Kerri, for instance, is becoming one of my new favorites, I just love her designs. AND... when I download an element? I can use it as many times as I want! Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *