20 March 2014

Ostara, Spring, and the International Day of Happiness

Blessed Ostara and happy first day of spring, everyone! Now if someone please inform these northern states that it's officially time for warm weather and to cancel the impending snow for next week, that'd be great.

... ahem. But I'm not going to focus on doom and gloom and the thought of more snow as it makes me fume. Instead, this is going to be a happy post! After all, today is the second annual International Day of Happiness, a day to bask in the glory not of economic prosperity or material gain, but of the little (and big!) things in life that make us happy, to measure our Gross Happiness Index (GHI) rather than our GDP.

Here's an incredibly short list of things that make me happy. What brings joy to your life? Feel free to share in the comments! ♥

The smell of freshly-cut grass.


That "Goldilocks" day, where everything is just right.


Changing into yoga pants after a long day at the office.

(These are actual pants! For work AND yoga!!)

And ditching that bra, too.


This baby.


And of course, this baby.


Margaritas with the neighbors.


When someone tells you, "You make a great mom."


The sound of (or, really, anything to do with) the ocean.


Letting the water rain over you in the shower. (So refreshing!)


Watching an old couple getting all lovey and thinking, "I want to be just like them."


When the butter melts perfectly on your toast.


Snoozing the alarm so you can snuggle with your husband for another 10 minutes.


Going barefoot after a long winter.


And all these people. ♥




Rumor is, Facebook is now making fan pages (including blogs like The Mocking Mommy) PAY A FEE if we want our fans to read what we post. I ain't payin' no money, no matter how much I love y'all. So if you want to stay current on everything I post, please subscribe to this blog via Bloglovin'Google Friend Connect, or by email. Thank you!! ♥


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

3 comments:

  1. "The sound of (or, really, anything to do with) the ocean."

    ^^^^This.

    Scotty loves saying the word "ocean" and always follows it up promptly with, "Splashy...splashy!!"

    Great pics! Welcome, spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your son is seriously the cutest kid ever. :D I'm so glad he loves the ocean, and I hope you guys get to go all the time! It's hard to find a place around here, and as a born 'n' bred Floridian living in Maryland, I'm hopelessly spoiled. We need to get Tycho some beach time.

      Welcome Spring!! Now if only Mother Nature got the memo!

      Delete
  2. Oh! Got it. I thought you guys were *still* in Florida...

    Thanks for the kind words about my son; I totally agree with you, but, 'eh, I'm biased. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *