12 April 2013

Pregnancy: 38w1d - Ridiculous TMI ahead.

So why am I writing about it? Mostly for posterity. Feel free to skip. :)

I had a REALLY rough night last night. I honestly thought I was at least in early labor, considering what all was going on, but I tried to get some sleep and kept hoping it was nothing more than my stomach being upset. Thankfully, I ended up being right(??).

It started when Kit dropped around 7pm. And by "dropped", I don't mean, "Oh, my belly looks a little lower, yay!" Instead, I mean, "HOLY SHIT I'M GOING TO POOP A BABY." I seriously thought he was going to come out my ass, the pressure was so immense. I actually kept musing to Matt about how it felt like someone took a croquet ball and was trying to ram it through my pelvis.

GOOD TIMES.

That continued through when we went to bed -- we ended up hitting the hay early, as Matt was tired. So we were climbing in at about 9:30, and Matt fell asleep shortly after. Me? I was okay until about ten minutes later when I started feeling really sick, so I went to the restroom in the hopes of getting rid of whatever was making my stomach all funky.

Cue HOURS of rocking on the toilet to try to get anything out (I did, but it was all loose stuff, so yuck), trying to ignore the contractions that were coming at semi-regular intervals (I only assume, as I didn't actually get to timing them in the hopes that I wasn't in real labor), and drinking water at a couple points to get it all to stop.

The last time I remember seeing was about 2:30, so I imagine I fell asleep shortly after that and stayed asleep for the most part, minus the two or three times I needed to pee between then and 7am (thanks to all that water). I was trying not to wake Matt up the whole time, and he told me this morning that he actually ended up sleeping pretty well, save for having to move to the guest room somewhere around 3am, confirming that I did in fact fall asleep. ;)

So yes, that was my evening. Of course, now I'm freaking out that these may be signaling labor is just around the corner, especially since my in-laws are in town and OVER MY DEAD BODY am I laboring with or delivering this baby while they're here. Um... so if anyone has some good juju to share that Kit stays put until Sunday evening, I would love that. ;)

I feel (and am!) a little poopy today, too, but thankfully I'm also a bit better. Here's to hoping that I make it through this weekend...

3 comments:

  1. :( I would chock it up to the impending visit from your MIl and NIL.

    I actually remember having a night like this too towards the end of my pregnancy, I think it was just nerves/anxiety because, as you know, I was induced.

    I'm sorry you had such a bad night, maybe consider it practice for what is to come. Although you wont be on the toilet (hopefully). I think the frequent nighttime peeing gets expectant mothers ready for being woken up multiple times during the night by their babies. I don't know how I do all that I do on 7 hours of frequently interrupted sleep I get each night. Although I did go to bed earlier than usual the last two night, so I feel a bit more refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we have our differences as of late, but I stop by regularly to see how you and Kit are doing. Judging by a comment on your recent FB profile pic, you must have had the baby? Possibly? If so, I guess that would make sense because this sounds just like labor to me! Even if it's just the beginning. Congrats if Kit is earthside now. I hope it is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please update! I'm not on facebook anymore, but I can kind of see things... Kit arrived? I was hoping he'd hold out until after the in-laws visited.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *