12 August 2014

Suicide hotlines are there to help.

In light of the passing of Robin Williams: If you are or someone you know is considering suicide, please call a suicide hotline. They are free, they will listen, and they are there to help you. Here are the suicide crisis organizations around the world if you need it.

While I personally have my own demons to fight, I'm lucky to have only had temporary trysts with depression. On those days, I can barely hear anyone around me, the walls are so thick and impenetrable, and the air feels so viscous that it's difficult to walk, much less get out of bed. To imagine feeling that way on a regular basis is terrifying to say the least, so I can understand why suicide would be seen as a way out.

I have so much to say, so many tears to shed... but I find my voice stifled by the grief. I know this isn't what Williams would want, though; he would want us all to get through this with laughter and joy. So today, and every day thereafter, that's what I will try to do.

I encourage you to do the same, by whatever means necessary. ♥

And seriously... if you need help, please call the suicide hotline above. You're also welcome to share your thoughts here, if you'd like. Remember: Your life is worth fighting for.



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *