01 March 2013

Pregnancy: 32w1d - Already?!

I just got an email from MIL, copying Matt and his cousin's family, with flight details for her and for NIL. They're coming up from 12-14 April... two weeks before my due date.

Granted, they're going to be there for Henry. And they can come whenever they want. But my hormone-addled brain just went, "Why did they choose those dates?!" It's 6 weeks out, they have plenty of time between now and then, and I'm sure the rates in those six weeks are just as good as what they grabbed for mid-April, maybe even better.

So why THOSE days?

I'm so frustrated right now. I don't even care if my frustration makes any sense, I'm totally feeling it. I've been thinking that Kit is probably going to come early for the longest time (for some reason, I have an inkling he's going to be an Aries, so on or before 20 April), so if he does happen to come and they're either in town or something else... I mean, my possibly irrational mind is saying, "They might just change their homebound flights!"

And I HATE that idea.

It's possible, too. I can totally see them staying in town if I were to go in labor while they're here, and generally being a PITA once he's born by sticking around and sticking their noses into things. Just the thought makes me shudder.

Of all weekends! Six weeks from now! And she pointed out that I'll be close to my due date!! Just... why the FUCK aren't they coming in March?!



ETA: Matt's mad, too. I didn't even prompt this conversation, he just started texting me when he read MIL's email:

maddening!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have to deal with that so close to your due date. :/ I hope you don't go while she's there. I know I was in no mood to play hostess by the end of my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you have a talk with your husband and set out boundaries before she arrives. Aka tell her that if you go into labor she needs to find herself a hotel?
    By the way, make sure to talk to the nurses at the hospital if you don’t feel like having visitors. Remember there is usually a family room were people can wait until you’re up for it. You’ll need bonding time with your baby as well as rest. People always knock but you never know if it’s a nurse or a visitor until the door is open and then it’s too late. I had that problem and would be so ready for a nap, only to find my MIL (whith whom I have a very rocky relationship right now) and all of my husband’s siblings walking in, right as my husband had left. Which meant they hang out in our room for 2h, when I had just given birth hours earlier after 32h of labor. I wanted to kick them out so bad but didn’t have the energy or the gut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, here goes.

    You'll more than likely go on time or late. First baby, they quite often do come late. Yes, you can have the baby early, but the chances are less. Don't freak out until this happens.

    Second, I know you don't care for your MIL. But this IS her grandchild, and she's going to want to see that baby. And no matter when she actually does, she'll be a pain in the ass. Why? Because that's what grandparents do. Your mom will be a pain in the ass too. She'll tell you to put socks on your child under their sleeper and inform you that your child needs food when you know he doesn't. She'll ask you if you think you should put sunblock on him while you're out in the Florida sun like it wouldn't occur to you. They do that.

    I certainly get the freak out - Brad's parents wanted to come in the week after I was due and I asked him to push them off a few weeks just so we had some time to breathe before I had to entertain house guests. But from experience, you'd be better to start expecting the PITA-ness now, and learn to just roll with it. It's going to happen, over and over, and over again. I'm not saying, don't get annoyed and let them walk all over you. But try to see things from their point of view once in awhile. They just want to love their grandchild (or neice or cousin or friend's baby), and (especially grandparents) just want their grandchild to have what's best for them. They just don't always realize what's best isn't what THEY think is best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this. If you don't want certain visitors, inform the nurses and staff - they usually, in most places, have a sign in desk when you come onto the floor and they can inform them that you're breastfeeding or napping or whatever and they'll need to wait until you are ready.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *