07 January 2013

Baby Kit: 24 weeks!

Moving right along!



I've been a terrible blogger as of late, but I swear it's for good reason. We've had a lot going on in the nursery lately, including me sewing up custom curtains made from shower curtains (what? We didn't like any regular curtains!) and some blackout shades. Matt hung up the curtain rod, so I really need to get crackin' on these curtains. It's tough when you don't have a sewing machine, though!

And of course, there were the holidays and all that. I hope y'all enjoyed your New Year's celebrations and that 2013 is just plain AWESOME. :)

Plus, you know. Growing a baby. LOL

Last time I gave a weekly update on Kit's progress, I was 16 weeks along. Now it's two months later, and there have been SUCH amazing strides since then! He's so much bigger than before, which means I am as well. He's also moving much more, though I learned I have an anterior placenta that's higher up, so I don't feel a lot around or above my belly button. I believe he's head down, though, as I feel hiccups all the time... sometimes at my ass! Now THAT is a weird feeling.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Actually, that's about where my placenta is! You're welcome!"][/caption]

Matt has been able to feel Kit pretty regularly from the outside, too. Sometimes he's stubborn and won't do anything if he feels a foreign hand on my belly, but he's getting used to Matt's, it seems, as Kit now sometimes plays with his fingers.

The other day, Matt got to feel not only kicks, but Kit himself! Matt was rubbing my belly as I was lying on the couch one evening, and suddenly he says he can feel Kit! Not, like, kicking... but his actual body! I didn't believe him at first, so Matt insisted I feel, and when I did, there was definitely a little appendage or something. I think it was a leg.

I'll admit that, as cool as it was, it freaked me the fuck out, too. As much as I thought seeing him on an ultrasound or feeling him move or anything else during this pregnancy has made it feel "real", none of those even compare to feeling a limb and knowing for a fact that he's in there.

... that's fodder for another post, right there. :)

So anyway, all else is good! I'm on track for weight gain (as much as I hate it), for my overall health, and for Kit's health and well-being. Our next step is for me to get tested for gestational diabetes on 5 February, which should be oh so fun. Fortunately, no glucose drink for me... my midwives allow a banana and either apple or orange juice instead!

[caption id="attachment_1581" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption=""that bitch" = "that pregnant bitch""][/caption]

And on we press, to the third trimester and beyond...

6 comments:

  1. Damn that diabeetus. :) Btw, I still have your book and a couple of other things. :) I'll bring them the next time I see you. Good luck on that gestational diabeetus thing. *healthy thoughts*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww!!!!!! I saw your pic on Facebook and you are just so adorable! :-D I envy that you don't have to drink that orange drink. The first Gestational Diabetes test I had, the drink wasn't so bad. It actually just tasted like I was drinking an orange soda. But the last two? >.< Blech. It was disgusting.

    I bet you do great with the test, though! No worries, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How completely exciting! And I love the idea about the curtains! Can't wait to see the outcome. Bestest luck on the diabetes test. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie @ The Coexist CafeJanuary 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

    Haha! Damn it, indeed! Hopefully I don't need to worry about anything more than getting the blood test over with. :)

    Ooh, and I have things for you, too! I hope the book was helpful (TCOYF, if anyone else wants to know)! We'll have to meet up soon. Maybe dinner with the newly-married couple?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie @ The Coexist CafeJanuary 8, 2013 at 9:26 AM

    Awww, thank you, Morgaine!! <3

    Oh man, I am SO THANKFUL I don't have to drink that. I've heard they had options, but I'm so relieved the options are so simple. If I had to drink it more than once, I'd go crazy!!

    Thanks, sweetie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie @ The Coexist CafeJanuary 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM

    Thank you, hon! :) I got one done yesterday, then tossed and turned all night with dreams on how to make it better, so I might be starting over from scratch. Oy vey, lol. And thank you! I'll be sure to let y'all know how to GD test goes!!

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *