26 February 2012

Newest addition to the Fox family

Finally, after years and years of bothering him, we gained a new addition to the family!





Shiny, ain't she! My level of excitement went through the ROOF when it was delivered to me at work early last week, but I didn't have a lot of time to play with it. Only a couple days before we got it, Matt and I bought Nikon D5100 for Dummies, and I have yet to get through more than a few pages. Matt, on the other hand, stayed home sick on Wednesday and Friday, so he had tons of time to read the book.

(1) He read a book. From cover to cover.

(2) This great imbalance of power and know-how of his is a little frustrating. ;)

But I can't be too upset by it, because he has been like this the past week:





Anyway, even despite how he was feeling, we still had a chance to try out the camera!



[caption id="attachment_1195" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="Tora, our neighbor's dog. :)"][/caption]



[caption id="attachment_1209" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="I'm not, you know, a picture person..."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1208" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="A couple of awesome neighbors. :)"][/caption]









And my favorite... which is actually Matt's! Took him forever to get it, but once he did... it turned out amazing. First try, too. :) See what I mean about that imbalance of power?



Ends up it's GREAT for food photography, too, even using the kit lens and with the addition of a macro lens.

[caption id="attachment_1205" align="aligncenter" width="640" caption="Yesterday's lunch: "What do we have in the fridge?" pasta!"][/caption]



The last one is actually something I'll be talking about later... so keep an eye out tomorrow for a new recipe. :)

4 comments:

  1. LOL! With all your recent posts, when I saw the title of this one I thought you were pregnant!

    Anyway, enjoy your new "toy" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie @ The Coexist CafeFebruary 27, 2012 at 3:47 AM

    Haha! I'm getting that a lot... maybe I should have phrased it a bit better. ;) Thanks, though! We've been having a lot of fun with this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GORGEOUS camera and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie @ The Coexist CafeMarch 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

    Thank you, Becky! :D

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *