28 July 2014

Margot Adler: Wiccan Priestess, Pagan community leader, NPR journalist

I don't often blog about my spirituality, but I feel like this needs to be broadcast around the world. One of the most poignant book on Paganism I've ever read was Drawing Down the Moon: Witches, Druids, Goddess-Worshippers, and Other Pagans in America, easily one of my favorite books on goddess worship and earth-based religions. Just... fantastic. It was one of the books that set me on the path I wear down today.

The Pagan community was dealt a devastating blow when an incredibly influential leader and author of Drawing Down the Moon, Margot Adler, passed today of cancer. Her son Alex wrote today on her Facebook page:



Many of my Pagan friends and I have been moved to tears as a result. While I personally never had the distinct pleasure of meeting her, she was an incredibly wise, talented, and diverse individual who did great work both in the Pagan and general American communities. I only wish I had the opportunity.

For more on Margot and her breadth of work, feel free to check out this NPR article on her (did I mention she was a regular journalist with them? For 30 years!), her Wiki article, and a heartfelt goodbye from Patheos.

And now, if you'll excuse me... I've got some reading to do, in honor of an incredible woman lost to this world. ♥

Blessed be, y'all.

Image courtesy of The Wild Hunt.


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *