30 January 2012

Struggling



I feel like such a slump recently. This year has been incredibly busy around here: My job is really picking up, I'm helping my sister and her fiance plan their wedding for the end of this year or so, we're doing a lot of traveling for various reasons (family, vacations, work-related), I've got a side project that is currently in the works, and I've been trying to get out a little more because, let's face it, I'm kind of a hermit.

As a result, though, I feel that other things are slipping through the cracks, namely my spirituality. I haven't nurtured it like I've wanted to since moving out of Florida, and it's definitely having its toll on me. I feel very disconnected, separate from my faith and the community with which I share my faith (some of whom are you, my lovely readers and friends!). My vegetarianism has kind of taken center stage recently, and I want to achieve more of a balance, especially because I believe in putting as much effort into your spiritual health as you would your physical health, as they both lend to your overall health!

This is probably the main reason why I've started the Pagan Blog Project 2012 this year. Hosted by Rowan Pendragon, the Project encourages you to post once a week on a certain letter -- last week (and the week prior) was "B", which led to my Body Art post and several related posts by other bloggers. She also sends out emails with words of wisdom, helpful tips, and that week's letter and some possibilities to ponder.

I'm hoping this can help me find more focus in my faith. I mean, Imbolc is in just a few days, and I have nothing to show for it! (Not that I do a lot of celebrating for the Sabbats, anyway, which is something I need to work on as well.) For some reason, this feels a lot more significant than before -- rather than just throwing something together, I really believe I should be putting forth more effort not only into celebrations, but into my daily my daily Pagan life.

So it begins. Hopefully this project will make me feel more attuned with the earth and with my spirituality, and maybe it'll actually serve as a better guide to my personal faith.

(image via...)

7 comments:

  1. Oh that elusive thing called balance. Something I am also working on over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie @ The Coexist CafeJanuary 30, 2012 at 5:34 AM

    It can be a goal we work towards together! :) Elusive little bugger, indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to know I'm not the only one going "oh crap, Imbolc's here already? Shouldn't I like, do something, or something?"

    Good luck on bringing your life into balance - it's always an ongoing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie @ The Coexist CafeJanuary 30, 2012 at 6:53 AM

    Thanks, Summer. It really is! I'm hoping this year brings a bit of that.

    And seriously, Imbolc totally crept up on me this time! I hope 2012 doesn't fly by as quickly as 2011 did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you figure out the balance, let me know the secret to achieving it, will you? Thanks!

    If it makes you feel any better, I only have a vague idea what I'm doing for Imbolc, and I usually prefer to plan ahead. I'm failing dredfully at the "every day" part though. I wanted to do a daily meditation - even just for 5 minuts - at the very least, and it's so far not happening. We'll get there though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie @ The Coexist CafeJanuary 31, 2012 at 2:08 AM

    Haha! It's a lot easier said than done, isn't it?

    Absolutely, we'll get through! It may not be a daily thing like we want, but at least it'll be an active part of our lives. So what are you doing for Imbolc, anyway? I had signed up for a ritual lately on its waiting list, and I guess enough people couldn't make it that I managed to eke my way in, lol. So yup, ritual with some awesome people on Saturday! At least it's something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A last minute ritual that I haven't fully figured out yet (better get to that; it's tomorrow... Oops) and I'm going to have a go at candle making, which I had the supplies for from Kelly for Yule.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *