22 January 2015

We are parents first.

Thank you again, Facebook friends, for sharing yet another fun video about the truths of parenthood:


I've been on both the sending and receiving side of judgment for parenting, and I have to say that neither side is a good place to be. So I'm joining a new campaign, the #SisterhoodofMotherhood, to encourage other parents to come together and focus not on those things that separate us, but those things that bring us together. Like, you know... making sure our kids are happy and healthy!

This video, titled "The Mother 'Hood", boiled my blood for the first couple minutes as parents -- mothers and father alike -- ridiculed the other side for their own parenting practices. Ugh, to watch them go for the jugular in decisions that had nothing to do with them! My anger was quickly joined by shame, as I know that, whether or not I've voiced my opinions aloud, I've certainly had opinions myself.

Not cool, Steph. Not cool.

Then the end of the video comes and, in a moment of peril, a reminder that we're all in it for our kids comes right to the forefront. Because in the end, that's what it's all about: Our love for our children. :)

So with that, I encourage y'all to join this effort as well, and to honor, respect, and even love other parents (and yourself!) not for how they care for their kids, but for the fact that they do care for their kids. I promise, I will absolutely do the same for you. ♥

Twitter: #SisterhoodofMotherhood (and be sure to follow me, @letitproducejoy!)
Facebook: #SisterhoodofMotherhood (also, wanna be FB friends, too?)



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *