11 September 2014

PBS Special: Vaccines - Calling the Shots


When I was in college, my dad would often send me texts when Fruity Pebbles were on sale at Publix. He knew it was my favorite cereal and, being on a college kid's budget, the more BOGOs, the better. I always thought this as such a small but poignant gesture of his love and care for me.

This goes for vaccines, too. My dad knows how big an advocate I am for routine vaccinations, so when he learned that NOVA premiered a program on vaccinations, he was sure to tell me to tune in.

I wasn't able to catch the original airing, but PBS -- rockstars that they are -- posted the full program on their website. I've embedded it here for your convenience. :) It's a spectacular program that tackles, among other things, how vaccines work, from where they originated, and the dangers of the so-called "anti-vaccine" movement.

Enjoy!



If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

1 comment:

  1. My 1st comment got eaten (I think). I started tearing up at 6 minutes in - that poor 7 week old with whooping cough. I'll have to watch the rest at home because I don't want to cry at work :/

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *