23 June 2014

Father's Day celebrations and my love for Tula

For Father's Day last weekend, at Matt's request, we went to Harper's Ferry for a short hike and to explore the town. We had a lot of fun, and even though we didn't take the actual hiking trail (I mean, that shit was FOUR MILES, we would have died! #outofshape), we really enjoyed the old shops and the historical train station.

While there, I got to try out my new babycarrying love: A standard Tula. I had heard about them from other babywearing mamas, but I've stuck with my Beco Gemini for as long as I possibly could have. Tycho was quickly outgrowing it, though -- it really is suited for smaller babies -- so I had to buck up and get another, larger carrier.

Thankfully, just as I was on the serious hunt for one, Tula came out with a foxes print! They're only available in Europe (and if they ever come out in the US, I'm going to kick myself), so I paid the extra expense for shipping and received my very first Tula a week later.

And let me tell you, people... there's a reason why it's called Tula Love. Because LOVE. It's supportive, lightweight, easy on the back and hips, and generally made Tycho feel weightless... and considering his recent growth spurt, this kid ain't a lightweight anymore. It hugged his body perfectly, helped him feel super comfortable, and didn't bother him in the slightest even considering he was carried in it for at least two hours. I'd say it was a win all around.

Overall, we had a fantastic time, and I enjoyed breaking in our new carrier. We'll have to head out there again when we're not so terribly #outofshape. ;)

Handsome hubby and darling son. :)



Please note the post-baby pudge, which is still there over a year later. YAY.

#datass




Family photo! ♥




Our "little" boy ain't so little anymore!


Nenes at the train station. :)




If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *