09 December 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like... Yulemas? Chanukah? Something...

I apologize for my absence as of late -- I had great blog posts planned for Meatless Monday and today's Theological Thursday, but I have them scheduled for next week now. Work has just been insane lately, meaning I'm pulling long hours at the firm and driving home through even worse traffic than usual (if there is such a thing in Baltimore). When I get home, no offense, but the last thing I want to do is blog.

Instead, I craft! What have I been working on? These beautiful quilled snowflakes from Reese Dixon and Custom Quilling. They're surprisingly a lot easier than they look; it only takes a couple minutes to become proficient in quilling, and all the shapes are based off the ability to roll the paper. The hardest thing to overcome? Finding a damn quiller! Hint: Joann Fabrics has them. And call ahead, or the money saved making these beautiful ornaments will be spent on gas, which is just astronomical these days.

Anyway, back to the crafting. Below are pictures of the snowflakes I've made, as well as our current decor for the holidays we celebrate in December: Chanukah (1-8 December this year), Yule (21 December), and secular Christmas (25 December).

Our Yule tree, which is pretty threadbare.
That's okay, we love it anyway. :)
Our poor menorah after eight nights of Chanukah. :(
(YES, I REALIZE THIS IS A POTENTIALLY DIRTY PICTURE. See also: this macro.)
We miiiiight have lit the candles a bit too close to the cabinets.
Shh... don't tell our landlord!

Happy Chanukah, blessed Yule, and merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! And if you quill your own snowflakes, be sure to let me know; I'd love to see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *