13 April 2014

To My Son, on His First Birthday.

Photo cred: ||Megan Evans Photography||

To my *incredible* son:

This week, you started standing on your own. Daddy and I couldn't believe our eyes when, confidently and without hesitation, you lifted your hands from your walker and stood upright for those few seconds. We couldn't speak -- I could hardly breathe! We were literally stunned speechless, just so proud of you for what you just accomplished.

Then you did it again, and again and again, to several rounds of applause and, after we managed to catch our breath, words of encouragement: "Go Tycho!" You gave us this grin that says I know I did something cool, watch me do it again!

You are seriously growing up so fast. In these past few months alone, you've learned how to properly crawl, pulled yourself up to standing, babbled like you were actually talking, referred to us as "mama" and "dada", pointed to things you wanted to inspect more closely, eaten pretty much anything offered to you (your favorites are steamed broccoli and olives, and you're still not a fan of avocados), and learned to use a walker to, you know... walk.

Today, you are one year old. A whole year of having you in our lives! Of getting to know you, being your mommy and your daddy. Of loving you, wholly and completely.

At times, especially during the hard times, it felt like the longest journey ever. We didn't know if they would ever end. But when we think back to this past year, we also see how fast it went. It feels like a blink of an eye, and suddenly... you're not our baby anymore.

This first year with you, my sweet baby Boog, has surprised me in more ways than I can possibly count. I honestly didn't know love or pride until you came into our lives. Sure, I still love your daddy immensely, but this... this is different! You completely blindsighted me, captivated me, rocked my world, shook my heart to its very core.

It's a love I can never describe, but I'm sure every mama knows that feeling.

This first year? It's been a hell of an adventure! I'm a little sad to put it behind us, but when I think of how much growing you have left to do, how many other adventures you have left to go on, I feel nothing but excitement and joy, and I am so thankful that we get to experience and foster these adventures with you.

I love you with all my heart, my mama's boy, my little love, my sweet Boog.

And I can't wait to see what this next year brings.

Happiest of first birthdays!! ♥
Love, Mommy and Daddy


If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

3 comments:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *