24 March 2011

Theological Thursday: On making spirituality a priority.


I've been thinking a lot about my spiritual practice lately, and how it's really waned in the past year or so. I'd love to be able to blame it on anything external ("I don't have a group," "I'm too tired to study it," "There's a lot on my plate," "It hasn't been the greatest weather to enjoy Mother Nature," and so forth), but it comes down to one person: Me. And I'm just finding excuses when I should be searching inside.

Granted, some of that is true, like not having a local group, being overtired or overworked, and I hate, hate, hate the weather around here. But I can find reasons to debunk every one of them:

"Well, you've been part of a Pagan Meetup group in Baltimore since you moved here. In fact, you're part of two or three!"
"Then get better sleep, you insomniac!"
"Yeah, but they're mostly work- and stress-related. Treat it like orchestra or yoga, something fun and engaging."
"..."

Okay, so I don't have a reason for the last one. The weather here really DOES suck.



Long story short, I really should start getting back into my spiritual practice. I was hoping that TCC's Theological Thursdays would help with that, but I mean, it's pretty indicative when the last time I even updated that was early February. I completely missed Ostara and Purim this year, too.

So I'm going to make it a priority in my life coming up. Of course, it'll be easier once other obligations are out of the way (Tuesday orchestra practices are over in mid-April, for instance, and my CLA/CP exam is sometime in May, so no more studying after that... hopefully!), so until then, I'll only be doing some light research and so forth. I'm preparing for a spiritual awakening soon afterward, though.

And it will be awesome. :)

 
I feel like I need this for daily life, not just witchcraft, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *